Module 1 – Case
Introduction to Stress
“Stress, like Einstein’s theory of relativity, is a scientific concept which has suffered from the mixed blessing of being too well known and too little understood.” (Dr Hans Selye)
In this assignment, you will be exploring your own knowledge of stress and how this compares with the current research on short- and long-term effects of stress on the brain.
Take the quiz at the following link:
WebMD. (n.d.) Test your knowledge of stress and anxiety.
After completing the quiz, read about the most common myths about stress described by the APA at the following links:
Answer the following questions to complete your Case assignment. Please see the assignment expectations below for additional details on completing your essay for Module 1.
1. Describe your quiz results from WebMD. How well did you do? Did any of the answers surprise you? Why?
2. After viewing the most common myths associated with stress from the APA website, discuss which concept you believe is the most misunderstood. Give support for your reasons (using your own research and sources for support).
3. Watch the following video on “How Stress Affects Your Brain.” Learn how chronic stress can affect brain size, structure, and function, right down to the level of your genes.
Murgia, M. (n.d.). Ted Talks. How stress affects your brain . Retrieved February 11, 2017, from
a. Summarize the video’s message in 1-2 paragraphs.
b. Do you think cognitive stress has the most influence (or impact) on the body’s
response to stress? Explain.
4. How is the brain affected differently by short-term stress versus long-term stress? Provide examples for both types of stress.
5. There’s been a lot of
into how chronic stress changes the brain. Do you think stress could be a good thing if managed effectively? Why (in what potential situations?)
Organize this essay assignment using subtitles that summarize the topic from each question above. For example, to answer Question 1, use a descriptive subtitle like the following: My Stress Quiz Results.
Answer each question under the subtitle using complete sentences that relate back to the question. Be sure to use APA formatting throughout your essay, with 1-inch margins, 12-pt font, and double spacing throughout. Include a title page, introduction, answers to the questions with subtitles, and concluding paragraph. Remember to include in-text citations within the body of the essay referencing your resources (i.e., Murray, 2014). Also, be sure to include a reference section at the end of your assignment listing all required readings and any additional resources you used to complete your essay. See the Trident guide to
APA Style, 7th edition
Direct quotes should be limited and must be designated by quotation marks. Paraphrased ideas must give credit to the original author, for example (Murray, 2014). Direct copying from “homework help” websites will not receive credit. Once you have completed your assignment within a word document, please upload your final version to the Module 1 Case Assignment dropbox. Please also note your Turnitin originality score and make revisions as needed (this may take some time to generate). Please contact your instructor with any questions.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.