TOPIC: Ethics and Freedom of Speech
Review pages 49 and 51 about Edward L. Bernays and his “Torches of Freedom” campaign.
Apply your ethics. Imagine you working at a large PR firm. Your newest client is an electronic cigarette company. The client asks you to help improve public perception of its product, particularly among young adults. You feel that because the long-term health effects are unknown that it violates your ethical responsibility, although nothing the client asks you to do is illegal.
Write a 500-750-word. Include the following:
From an ethical perspective, is the above campaign comparable to Bernays’s “Torches of Freedom” campaign or is one potentially more unethical? Why?
What aspects of the PRSA Code of Ethics might condemn or support working on this campaign?
In a scenario such as this, how does the interaction between freedom of speech and ethical communication play out? Does one take precedence over the other?
Would you participate in this campaign? Why or why not?
Include three or more scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite for similarity and plagiarism check.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.