Topic: DENVER I l
Imaging Completing Denver II assessment on a child between the ages of 0-6. Fill out the worksheet below and document finding. Take the child’s height, weight, head circumference (if under 3 years of age), and vital signs. Write 500 words summarizing your assessment findings and the observations you were able to make. Remember to maintain HIPPA standards when discussing your client.
Write an additional 250 words including evidence-based practice education for the parents/guardians based on what you noted. Discuss TWO interventions/ recommendations for the child to improve on. These interventions/recommendations should be from TWO separate categories (social, language, cognitive, physical). This could include education on how to catch the child up to their age range or what to expect in the coming year and how to help their child learn.
NO CONSIDERATION FOR PLAGIARISM
APA FORMAT AND INDEX CITATION
PLEASE WRITE FROM NURSING PERSPECTIVE
DENVER I l
DDM, INC. 1-800-419-4729 Date: Birthdate:
CATALOG #2115 ID No.:
2 4 6
Percent of children passing
25 50 75
May pass by report TEST ITEM
(See back of form)
WORK FOR TOY
REGARD OWN HAND
z O SMILESPONTANEOUSLY c
9 12 15 18 24 3 4 5 6
BRUSH TEET , NO HELP
PLAY BOARD/CARD GAMES
90 DRESS, NO HELP
PUT ON T-SHIRT
86% NAME FRIEND
15 copy o
WASH & DRY HANDS
DRAW PERSON PART
BRUSH TEETH WITH HELP
PUT ON CLOTHI
PICK LONGER LINE FEED DOLL
DRAW PERSON 3 PTS
HELP IN HOUSE 88%
DEFINE 7 WORDS
DRINK FROM CUP
TOWER OF 8 CUBES
, IMITATE VERTICAL LINE
COUNT 5 BLOCKS
PLAY BALL WITH EXAMINER
TOWER OF 6 CUBES
TOWER OF 4 CUBES
TOWER OF 2 CUBES
NAME 4 COLORS
BANG 2 CUBES
DUMP RAISIN, DEMONSTRATED
UNDERSTAND 4 PREPOSITIONS
SPEECH ALL UNDERSTANDABLE
KNOW 4 ACTIONS
HELD IN HANDS
USE OF 3 OBJECTS
COUNT 1 BLOCK
KNOW 3 ADJECTIVES
TAKE 2 CUBES
LOOK FOR YARN
USE OF 2 OBJECTS
NAME 1 COLOR
KNOW 2 ACTIONS
BALANCE EACH FOOT 6 SECONDS
NAME 4 PICTURES
SPEECH HALF UNDERSTANDABLE
BALANCE EACH FOOT 5 SECS.
POINT 4 PICTURES
BALANCE EACH FOOT 4 SECS.
BALANCE EACH FOOT 3 SECONDS
NAME 1 PICTURE
FOOT 2 SECONDS
POINT 2 PICTURES
6 WORDS BALANCE EACH
FOOT 1 SECOND
O BROAD JUMP
THROW BALL OVERHANP
z ONE WORD
KICK BALL FORWARD
WALK UP STEPS
COMBINESYLLABLES TEST BEHAVIOR
NON-SPECIFIC WALK BACKWARDS (Check boxes for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd test)
WALK WELL 1 2 3
IMITATE SPEECH SOUNDS Typical
SINGLE SYLLÅBLE STOOP AND RECOVER Yes
STAND ALONE No
TURN TO VOICE
17 TURN RATTLING TO SOONö Compliance (See Note 31) 1 2 3
SQUEALS SITTING Always Complies
(5 LAUGHS PULL T Usually Complies STAND Rarely Complies
“000/ z VOCALIZES HOLDINGSTAN Interest in Surroundings 1 2 3
RESPOND TO BELL SIT-NO Alert
PULL -ros Seriously Disinterested
R ROLL OVER
CHEST UP- fiM Fearfulness 1 2 3
BEAR WEIGHT O Mild SIT-HEADS Extreme
HEAD UP 900
o HEAD UP 450 Attention Span 1 2 3 o
HEAD Somewhat Distractable o EQUAL Very Distractable
MONTHS 2 4 6 9 12 15 18 24 3 YEARS 4 5 6
DIRECTIONS FOR ADMINISTRATION
1 . Try to get child to smile by smiling, talking or waving. Do not touch him/her.
2. Child must stare at hand several seconds.
3. Parent may help guide toothbrush and put toothpaste on brush.
4. Child does not have to be able to tie shoes or button/zip in the back.
5. Move yarn slowly in an arc from one side to the other, about 8” above child’s face.
6. Pass if child grasps rattle when it is touched to the backs or tips of fingers.
7. Pass if child tries to see where yarn went. Yarn should be dropped quickly from sight from tester’s hand without arm movement.
8. Child must transfer cube from hand to hand without help of body, mouth, or table.
9. Pass if child picks up raisin with any part of thumb and finger.
10. Line can vary only 30 degrees or less from tester’s line. l/
11 . Make a fist with thumb pointing upward and wiggle only the thumb. Pass if child imitates and does not move any fingers other
Pass any enclosed
13. Which line is longer?
Pass any lines
Have child copy first.
form. Fail continuous round motions.
(Not bigger.) Turn paper upside down and repeat.
(pass 3 of 3 or 5 of 6)
crossing near midpoint.
If failed, demonstrate.
When giving items 12, 14, and 15, do not name the forms. Do not demonstrate 12 and 14.
1 6. When scoring, each pair (2 arms, 2 legs, etc.) counts as one part.
1 7. Place one cube in cup and shake gently near child’s ear, but out of sight. Repeat for other ear.
1 9. Using doll, tell child: Show me the nose, eyes, ears, mouth, hands, feet, tummy, hair. Pass 6 of 8.
20. Using pictures, ask child: Which one flies?…says meow?…talks?…barks?…gallops? Pass 2 of 5, 4 of 5.
21 . Ask child: What do you do when you are cold?…tired?…hungry? Pass 2 of 3, 3 of 3.
22. Ask child: What do you do with a cup? What is a chair used for? What is a pencil used for? Action words must be included in answers.
23. Pass if child correctly places and says how many blocks are on paper. (1 ,5).
24. Tell child: Put block on table; under table; in front of me, behind me. Pass 4 of 4.
(Do not help child by pointing, moving head or eyes.)
27. Child may use wall or rail only, not person. May not crawl.
28. Child must throw ball overhand 3 feet to within arm’s reach of tester.
29. Child must perform standing broad jump over width of test sheet (8 1/2 inches).
30. Tell child to walk heel within 1 inch of toe. Tester may demonstrate. Child must walk 4 consecutive steps.
31 . In the second year, half of normal children are non-compliant.
Denver Developmental Materials, Inc.
P.O. Box 371075
Denver, Colorado 80237-5075 Tele. (303) 355-4729 (800) 41 9-4729
Catalog #2115 TO REORDER CALL: (800) 419-4729
NO CONSIDERATION FOR PLAGIARISM
APA FORMAT AND INDEX CITATION
PLEASE WRITE FROM NURSING PERSPECTIVE
Make sure to follow all grading Skill Demonstration_ Pediatric Assessment.docx to complete DENVER I l
Pediatric Denver II Assessment Assignment
Imaging Complete Denver II assessment on a child between the ages of 0-6. Fill out the worksheet and document finding. Take the child’s height, weight, head circumference (if under 3 years of age), and vital signs. Write 500 words summarizing your assessment findings and the observations you were able to make. Remember to maintain HIPPA standards when discussing your client. Write an additional 250 words including evidence-based practice education for the parents/guardians based on what you noted. Discuss TWO interventions/ recommendations for the child to improve on. These interventions/recommendations should be from TWO separate categories (social, language, cognitive, physical). This could include education on how to catch the child up to their age range or what to expect in the coming year and how to help their child learn.
Here are some slides explaining how to complete a Denver II assessment:
Emerging: Limited or Growing achievement
Competence: Adequate/basic achievement
Proficiency: Clear/Effective achievement
Mastery: Advanced or exceeds achievement
Anthropometric Measurements and Vital signs
Does not include anthropometric measurements or does not include vital signs: 1 point
Only documents one anthropometric measurement or only documents two vital signs: 3 points
Documents two of the three anthropometric measurements and/or only documents three vital signs: 5 points
Documents all three anthropometric measurements and vital signs for the child: 7 points
Denver II Assessment
Denver II assessment worksheet is not completed or not submitted: 3 points
Denver II assessment partially completed and filled out. Very difficult to read student’s findings: 8 points
Denver II assessment completed on a child between the ages of 0-6. Worksheet mostly filled out or difficult to read. Findings not documented well: 12 points
Completed Denver II on a child between the ages of 0-6. Worksheet filled out and documentation on findings: 15 points
Summary of Assessment findings
Less than 100 words. Assessment findings minimally summarized: 3 points
100-150 words. Assessment findings partially summarized and/or difficult to understand: 6 points
175-225 words. Most assessment findings summarized and in a logical order: 10 points
250- 500 words. Assessment finding well summarized and easy to follow: 13 points
Less than 100 words.
One category used for interventions/ recommendations with no Evidence-based practice research OR intervention does not match assessment findings: 3 points
One category used for interventions/ recommendations With Evidence-based practice research: 7 points
Two separate categories used for interventions/ recommendations with no Evidence-based practice research for each intervention/ recommendation OR interventions do not match assessment findings: 11 points
250-500 words. Two separate categories used for interventions/ recommendations With Evidence-based practice research for each intervention/ recommendation: 14 points
Citations do not follow APA Style. Quotations, paraphrases, and summaries are not cited, or there is no attempt to cite them using APA style: 0 points
Errors in APA citations are noticeable and may detract from the ability to locate the original source (for example, no title provided, year of publication is missing, no punctuation): 1 point
Errors in APA citations are less noticeable and do not detract from the ability to locate the original source (for example, a missing or misused comma or period, missing parentheses, author name not properly abbreviated, indentation is misaligned): 2 points
APA citations are free of style and formatting errors: 3 points
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.