Assignment | Discussion on Decision Making
This assignment allows students to assess and choose communication behaviors for effective teamwork and decision-making in a diverse group setting.
This discussion question has three steps:
Step 1: Watch the video on Conformity produced by TheraminTrees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrNIuFrso8I&list=PLE343A5F2B8A5AB5A&index=47 (Links to an external site.) . In this video, we are reminded that the pressure to conform is both “pervasive and insidious” and largely due to us perceiving social penalties for not doing so. We are also reminded that group opinion has the potential to affect an individual’s information processing.
Step 2: Think of a recent situation in the professional environment (or college environment) when you were part of a small group assigned a task and you knowingly went along with the majority despite private reservations or preferences. In a 200-300 word post provide a response to the following:
1.) Briefly describe the situation and the role you played in the group.
2.) Describe the group norms that allowed this to occur. (Did passive behavior or aggressive behavior hold your group back from collaborating?) Explain.
3.) Using the articles and materials from this course regarding small group communication, offer two suggestions that would promote critical thinking in the group and the norm to openly voice legitimate criticisms with the group.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.