For this assignment you will use the attached Diffusion Lab Report Template to write a lab report. The template already includes a title and section headers that will not need to be changed. Each section has a list of questions or statement’s that should be addressed but you are not limited to just those, feel free to expand. When finished, upload as an attachment under the assignment submission tab. Your lab report must be a word document or pdf file (for you MAC users, I do not have access to pages and cannot open your files).
If you have questions about what you should include in a certain section refer to the
Lab Report Guide
folder located in Module 2 for help.
1. Please see Course Schedule Checklist for the due date. It is encouraged that you start the lab report well before the day it is due so you are not rushed at the last minute to write it.
2. This is an individual assignment. You are encouraged to collaborate and discuss the experiment with your classmates but your work should be one of a kind. Plagiarism will not be tolerated, please refer back to the syllabus on academic dishonesty.
Diffusion Across a Selectively Permeable Membrane
· A summary of the lab report. This includes a short summary for each section.
· Background (answer the following questions):
· What factors determine whether substances can diffuse across a selectively permeable membrane? What factors influence the speed of diffusion?
· According to the laws of diffusion, which molecules are more likely to diffuse? Glucose or Starch?
· Objective (what questions are we trying to answer)
· What methods were used?
· What materials did you use to indicate the presence of glucose? Starch?
· The positive and negative controls in this experiment are given. What do they tell us? Explain the importance in having positive and negative controls in an experiment?
Table 1: Diffusion of Starch and Glucose over Time
Was substance present?
Dialysis Tubing Prior to closing (Positive Control)
Beaker Before Diffusion (Negative Control)
Dialysis Tubing After Diffusion
Beaker After Diffusion
If glucose present, how much? (mg/dL)
· Of the two substances tested, which, if any, crossed the dialysis membrane? Did either of the substances stay in the bag? Support your response with data-based evidence (I.e. what did the indicators tell you). Did our diffusion experiment results reflect the laws of diffusion? Explain by comparing our data to the molecular weights of each molecule.
· Was your hypotheses correct? Why or why not?
· Using physiological reasoning, explain the outcome of the experiment? What influenced whether the substance diffused across the membrane? (HINT: Look up the molecular weights for both substances).
· List any references you used in proper APA format.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.