I. Measuring Pulse
Your pulse rate can change quickly and is sensitive to minor movements and exercise. Everyone should know how to take your pulse . You can either use the carotid pulse in your neck or the radial pulse on your wrist near the base of your thumb.
1. Take your pulse using the radial artery on your wrist by applying slight pressure with your index and middle fingers near the base of your thumb (as shown in the above link) at rest. Count your pulse for 30 seconds: _______ Multiply this value by 2 to convert it to beats per minute: _______ beats per minute.
2. Now, take your pulse using your carotid artery at rest. Count your pulse for 30 seconds: ____________. Multiply this value by 2 to convert it to beats per minute: ____________
3. How does this pulse rate compare with the pulse that you measured at your wrist?
4. Now, get up and move around for 5 – 10 minutes if you are able to do so, and then take your pulse again for 30 seconds. How does exercising affect your pulse rate? How do you explain this?
5. Why shouldn’t use your thumb to measure your pulse?
Blood Pressure Assignment Questions:
1. Using your knowledge about the heart and circulatory system, make a hypothesis concerning how blood pressure can be affected by exercise and body position.
1. Using the results in the data table from the virtual lab, what conclusion can you make regarding the relationship of exercise and body position to blood pressure? Did your results support your hypothesis? Explain.
1. List 2 additional factors not examined in this lab that could contribute to an increase in a person’s blood pressure.
1. Are there any other ways besides medication and exercise/diet that can help lower a person’s blood pressure? Explain.
1. Hypertension can cause heart attacks, strokes, and other serious health problems. However, what is it about hypertension that makes it particularly dangerous? Explain.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.