Explore Ethical Theories Applied in the Making of a Business Decision
In Unit 1 we introduced “business ethics” and explored ethical theory. In Unit 2 we began our discussion as to laws which affect workers. In this first assignment, the focus is on the ethical theories from Unit 1.
Consider the following factual scenario which was faced by the Volkswagen Automaker:
A Volkswagen engineer was directed to create defeat device software to temporarily cheat on emissions tests by turning pollution controls on only when being inspected by regulators. The engineer’s moral consciousness did not originally object and an intention formed to do as directed. But assume that before acting on the intention, the VW engineer becomes aware that the U.S. government was taking a much tougher approach to corporate wrongdoing and a company was harshly punished recently for violating government environmental regulations. Because of the new inconsistency between anticipated and actual outcomes, the engineer begins to have second doubts about the intention.
Select and define three ethical theories. Distinguish the differences between each and explain how each might be used as you recommend a course of action to be taken by the Volkswagen engineer.
Your analysis as to each ethical theory should be one page in length.
Use and cite at one additional authoritative source for each ethical theory other than the text materials.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful memo must also meet the following criteria:
· Length should be 3 pages, excluding your title and references page.
· Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
· Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
· Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
· Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format.
· Your work should display superior content, organization, style, citation, and mechanics in accordance with APA
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
· Include a cover page and references page in 10 – 12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
· Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
· Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
· Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful
· Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
· Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
· Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
· Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English
· Use examples to support your discussion
· Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cite within the body of your paper using APA format and citation style. For more information on APA guidelines, visit Academic Tools.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.