Unit 2 Assignment: Quality Management and Lean Systems Paper
In this assignment, you will be assessed based on the following Outcome:
MT435-1: Examine the business concepts of quality management and lean systems.
In the modern world, businesses and individuals need to optimize their efforts to gain effectiveness and efficiency. Also, concepts of sustainability, continuous improvement, and processes that ensure increased value are considered to track operations management towards success.
Many of the terms of quality management and lean systems come from Japanese culture and language, due to Dr. W. Edwards Deming’s research occurring in Japan. Deming is often referred to as The Father of Quality due to his foundational role in the establishment of Quality Management.
In this assignment, you will compose and informative essay in a minimum of 3-full pages in which you specifically address the parts listed below. Make sure to include separate title and references pages, use standard paragraph structure, double-spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and follow all other current APA style guidelines. Conduct research from credible peer-reviewed sources, the Library, and your textbook to support your responses.
Part 1: Examine the business concepts of quality management and lean systems provided below:
1. Dimensions of Quality
2. Cost of Quality
3. Six Sigma
5. Quality tools
2. Lean Production
Part 2: Select one concept from each of the lists above and compose your paper to include:
· One aspect of quality management
· One aspect of lean systems
Part 3: Close your paper with the following observations from your research:
The importance of Deming’s research to the foundation of quality, and what you could do now, to implement the concepts you selected, to your own life and work.
SCM Standard Requirements
· This assignment should be a separate MS Word document, preferably in the most current
· .docx file format.
· In addition to the current APA style title page and reference page; ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
· Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
· It must be written in Standard English; demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
· Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified; as well as original and insightful.
· Ensure your paper uses current APA style for content, with properly indented paragraphs, and a minimum of 3-full pages covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
· A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in current APA style. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for credible research.
· Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words, or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meet university standards for credible online research.
· Be sure to cite in-text citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA style. Review the current APA style found at the Writing Center. The Writing Center can be accessed in Academic Tools. Select APA Central, then on “Write” at the bottom of the page. It should include a title page, double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, correct citations, Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references on the references page.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.