When presenting your Informative speech, you will need to verbally cite and qualify at least 4 sources
Tell the audience where your info is coming from throughout your speech, not just at the end.
Using verbal source qualifiers shows the audience that…
You are credible
You are presenting truthful information
You did the research
They can check the information for themselves if they wanted to
Source qualifier – brief description of a source’s qualifications in order to demonstrate the source’s trustworthiness to the audience
Source Qualifier Examples
“According to Michael Williams, a Pulitzer- prize winning writer who has worked at the New York Times for 22 years, identity theft has increased by 25% over the past 2 years”
Dr. Sarah Barnes, leading expert in disease studies at John Hopkins University, found that…”
“On its website, the Society of Interventional Radiology, a national organization of physicians and scientists dedicated to minimally invasive treatments, explains that radio waves are harmless to healthy cells
But how do I know if my source is even credible to use?
Articles/journals/etc. found in an online library portal
Sources that end with .gov or .edu are generally considered credible.
Websites/organizations that are well-known, have good reputations, are established/etc. (New York Times, BBC News, NPR)
Organizations or individuals who are considered experts in a field
Credible websites usually list the author’s qualifications, credentials, contact info, organizational memberships, etc. either at the top of the article or at the end of it.
Website articles that contain links to the other sources the author used when writing the article (so you can check their evidence)
Do not cite directly from Wikipedia
The CRAAP Test – 5 Steps to Evaluate a Sources Credibility
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.