This learning tool requires the student to critique an interview with a client by identifying and analyzing thoughts and emotional reactions/responses to the encounter with the client. Social work values and standards are applied as a guideline for this analysis. The Walsh (2002) reading will inform this assignment.
Students will complete Process Recordings using the attached suggested outline (also available in Appendix B).
The written Process Recording should include reflection on specific practice competencies, and social work principles of ethical practice.
Process Recordings must be discussed with MSW Supervisor.
The Process Recordings should be no more than 3-4 pages in length (double-spaced) and make use of the attached suggested outline.
Process Recording Form
Process recordings are expected to be no more than 3 pages in length (double-spaced). Due dates are noted in the syllabus and on Engage. Process recordings must be discussed with your MSW supervisor. If you are going to share client demographics, please do not disclose the name of the client.
Interview Content: Describe significant exchanges (thoughts, feelings and behaviors) that you felt were important in your interaction with the client (s).
Describe how you perceived the client (s) feelings/affect/behaviors as exchanges were occurring.
Describe what interviewing skills you used during the exchanges (use professional language you have learned).
Describe your reaction to the encounter (identify and process your thoughts, feelings and behaviors)
Describe the clinical assessment, diagnosis and advanced level interventions you considered or completed in this exchange (as appropriate).
(Expand this form as needed)
Summary of the Process Recording
1. Identify one area for professional growth related to the situation. Link this to practice competency.
2. Identify the social work ethical principles that can be applied to the situation.
3. What did you learn from this experience?
4. What are your plans for further exchanges with this client (if applicable). Consider clinical assessment, diagnosis and advanced level intervention (as appropriate).
5. Indicate areas you want to explore in supervision and/or seminar discussion (ethical dilemmas, countertransference, questions, concerns etc;).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.