Access the “State Credentialing Board Research Project Instructions.” Complete the project according to the assignment instructions.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MS Addiction Counseling; MS Christian Counseling of Substance Abuse and Addictive Disorders
1.3: Demonstrate knowledge of requirements for licensure and certification for the practice of professional counseling.
2.2: Examine legal and professional ethical standards of professional counseling.
5.1: Differentiate between tiered levels of licensure or certification for professional counselors.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
20) Understand the addiction professional’s obligation to adhere to generally accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct in the helping relationship.
21) Understand the importance of ongoing supervision and continuing education in the delivery of client services.
35) Seek appropriate supervision and consultation.
47) Inform the client of his/her confidentiality rights, program procedures that safeguard them, and the exceptions imposed by statute.
65) Apply confidentiality-related legal restrictions appropriately.
66) Demonstrate respect and nonjudgmental attitudes toward the client in all contacts with other professionals or agencies.
110) Protect client rights to privacy and confidentiality in the preparation and handling of records, especially in relation to the communication of client information with third parties.
112) Prepare and record treatment and continuing care plans that are consistent with agency standards and comply with applicable administrative rules.
116) Demonstrate ethical behaviors by adhering to established professional codes of ethics that define the professional context within which the counselor works, in order to maintain professional standards and safeguard the client.
118) Adhere to federal and state laws, and agency regulations, regarding addictions treatment.
121) Conduct culturally appropriate self-evaluations of professional performance, applying ethical, legal, and professional standards to enhance self-awareness and performance.
122) Obtain appropriate continuing professional education.
PCN-505 Topic 6: Benchmark – State Credentialing Board Research Project Instructions
Directions: The purpose of this project is to help you become familiar with the credentialing and regulatory processes that will govern your practice as a counselor.
In order to complete this project, you will need to select a state to use as the basis for your research. You should select either the state in which you currently reside or the state in which you plan to practice.
Information regarding credentialing in the state you have selected can be gathered in one or more of the following ways. (These are options. You are not required to do both of these.)
1. (Preferred) Reviewing the content of the state credentialing board website.
2. Attending a public meeting of the state credentialing board and/or review public meeting notes online
Note: Please do not contact the board to get this information as most likely they will not get back to you in time to complete this assignment. In addition, as you will be gathering information about credentialing, it is important you use paraphrasing as well as in-text citations to avoid plagiarism issues.
State Credentialing Board Research Project
Using the information you gathered, write a 1,250-1,500-word scholarly paper on your state credentialing board. Include the following in your paper:
1. Identifying information about the state board (name, location, etc.)
2. The mission of the state board.
3. The regulatory authority and scope (cite the statutes and rules that govern the board’s activities, describe the discipline(s) regulated by the board, and describe the scope of the board’s authority to regulate professional practice).
4. The state board/committee structures through which the board performs its functions (committee names and responsibilities, frequency of meetings, topics included on board/committee agendas, and composition of board and committees).
5. A summary of the licensure and certification requirements for the state in which you plan to practice.
6. A description of the different tiered levels of licensure (such as LAC to LPC, LPC to LCPC, or counseling intern to LMHC) to establish eligibility for licensure.
7. A description of the state’s legal complaint handling process and/or outcomes, descriptions of types of complaints, and observed patterns.
8. At least three scholarly sources, one of which should be your state’s licensing board.
© 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
© 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.