Make a follow-up of a student’s weekly discussion and respond with your opinion regarding to her post
——You don’t have to post this in APA format necessarily, it’s just giving feedback to the student with a paragraph, it doesn’t have to be a lot of text—-
Today, social media is held at a high regard and can be a very influential tool in all aspects. When discussing its purpose in presidential campaigns, it can have both positive and negative impacts. Social media allows individuals to access political news anywhere and anytime, Facebook and Twitter have made a great influence for this very reason. Political campaigns can use social media to help further expand their target audience which can positively impact the expected outcome of the campaign, as a whole. With the use of social media, it can help shine light on the election, build name recognition, highlight specific issues, and showcase their opponents’ shortcomings (Nott, 2020).
Social media can be seen as a successful tool when used appropriately. The easy accessibility of social media can be seen as a key highlight of success for presidential campaigns as it allows for the candidate to expand their audience. Through their own posts, the candidate or their party can build a connection with a target audience, further benefiting the presidential candidate and its campaign in the long run. Another positive aspect that we have seen in recent years through social media is the presence of voting. In recent years, they have created hashtags such as “#IVoted”, to appeal to a millennial crowd in hopes to encourage everyone to vote and take change into their own hands.
On the opposing end, social media can also have negative influences on presidential campaigns. According to Greenberg & Page (2018), “For decades, people have consistently reported that television is their main source of news over newspapers and news magazines, but the Internet closing fast” (p. 150). As we know, social media is not seen as a credible source and can in fact be rather the opposite. Anyone is able to write and share what they please with no regards of truth behind it. This can be a disadvantage as people now rely more on social media outlets rather than the newspapers or television where more credible information can be shared. In terms of presidential campaigns, this can sway individuals to look at the candidates in a different light, depending on what they may see on social media.
Greenberg, E. S. & Page, B. I. (2018). The Struggle for Democracy, 2018 Elections and Updates Edition. (12th ed.). Pearson.
Nott, L. (2020). Political Advertising on Social Media Platforms. American Bar. Retrieved from https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/publications/human_rights_magazine_home/voting-in-2020/political-advertising-on-social-media-platforms/
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.