1. Word Report (5 pages).
2. Excel Sheet.
3. Presentation (10 minutes).
Case Study: Kcoffee
LBO Model Test Instructions
A private equity firm is considering the leveraged buyout of, KCoffee a privately-owned coffee company. In the last twelve months (“LTM”), KCoffee generated $2bn in revenue and $150 mm in EBITDA. If acquired, the PE firm believes Kcoffee’s revenue can continue to grow 15% YoY while its EBITDA margin remains constant.
To fund this transaction, the PE firm was able to obtain 4.0x EBITDA in Term Loan B (“TLB”) financing – which will come with a seven-year maturity, 5% mandatory amortization, and priced at LIBOR + 500 with a 2% floor. Packaged alongside the TLB is a $50mm revolving credit facility (“revolver”) priced at LIBOR + 500 with an unused commitment fee of 0.25%. For the last debt instrument used, the PE firm raised 2.0x in Senior Notes that carries a seven-year maturity and an 8.5% coupon rate. The financing fees were 2% for each tranche while the total transaction fees incurred were $15 mm.
On KCoffee’s balance sheet, there is $300mm of existing debt and $50mm in cash, of which $30mm is considered excess cash. The business will be delivered to the buyer on a “cash-free, debt-free basis”, which means the seller is responsible for extinguishing the debt and keeps all the excess cash. The remaining $20mm in cash will come over in the sale, as this is cash that the parties determined is required to keep the business operating smoothly.
Assume for each year that KCoffee’s depreciation & amortization expense (“D&A”) will be 5% of revenue, capital expenditures (“Capex”) requirement will be 2% of revenue, the change in net working capital (“NWC”) will be 1% of revenue, and the tax rate will be 35%.
If the PE firm were to purchase KCoffee at 10.0x LTM EV/EBITDA on 12/31/2021 and then exit at the exact LTM multiple after a five-year time horizon, what would the implied IRR and cash-on-cash return of the investment be?
Please follow the case study on the following date.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.